The United Arab Emirates has started granting a Golden Visa, the new long-term residence visa, which allows foreigners to live, work and study in the United Arab Emirates without the need for a sponsor. The UAE Golden Visa is issued for a period of five or ten years and is automatically renewed when the same conditions are met upon renewal.
What is the UAE Golden Visa?
The golden visa is a long-term residency visa in the United Arab Emirates that has been instituted by the government in 2019. This type of visa can be issued to certain categories, including investors, businessmen, specialized talents and researchers in various fields of science, as well as outstanding students with promising scientific capabilities.
A golden visa can be issued for 5 or 10 years based on the category of the applicant and in accordance with the terms and requirements.
10 Year Golden Visa UAE
The following categories are eligible to apply for the 10-year golden visa
- Investors in public investments within UAE with a value of at least 10 million AED
- Individuals with specialized talents
10 Year Golden Visa UAE For Investors
Investment can take either of the following forms:
- The investor has a deposit of at least 10 million AED in an investment fund within the country.
- The investor establishes a company in the country with a capital of at least 10 million dirhams.
- The investor is a partner in an existing or new company with a financial share of at least 10 million AED.
- The investor has several investments in the country with a total value of not less than 10 million AED, provided that 60% of the total of those investments is not real estate.
Conditions of 10 year golden visa UAE for investors
- The invested capital must be fully owned by the investor and not a loan. Proof must be provided to confirm that
- The investment must be retained for at least 3 years from the date of issuance of the residence permit
- There should be financial solvency up to AED 10 million.
- The investor from abroad may apply for a multiple-entry permit for 6 months, with the possibility of renewal for another 6 months.
- The long-term visa includes the spouse and children, one executive director, and one consultant. The investor may also get a visa for 3 domestic workers.
10 Year Golden Visa UAE For specialized talent
The golden visa granted to specialized talents and researchers in the fields of science and knowledge includes doctors, specialists, scientists, inventors and creative individuals. The benefits of the visa include a visa for the spouse and children.
All categories of talents are required to have a valid work contract, and to specialize in areas of priority for the UAE in accordance with the following conditions for each category:
- Scholars: accredited scientists by the Emirates Scientists Council, or those who hold the Mohammed bin Rashid Medal for Scientific Excellence.
- Creative individuals in culture and art: those accredited by Ministry of Culture and Youth.
- Inventors: those who have obtained a patent with an added value to the country's economy and approved by the Ministry of Economy.
- Exceptional talents: those with distinct mental abilities, documented by patents or scientific research published in distinguished international journals.
- Executive Directors: Those with scientific experience and high achievement, such as an engineer in a rare specialty who holds a university degree and works in a private company in the country in order to maintain current competencies and attract new competencies.
- Doctors and specialists: At least two of the following conditions should be met:
- To have a doctoral degree from the top 500 universities in the world accredited by the Ministry of Education
- To have an award or certificates of appreciation for existing work in the jurisdiction of the applicant
- To have contributions in conducting research of a scientific nature, or scientifically related to the applicant’s field of work
- To have scientific articles or books in distinguished publications in the applicant’s field of work
- To be a member of an organization related to the applicant’s field of work, which requires outstanding work to be accepted for membership
- To have a minimum of a PhD degree, and at least 10 years of work experience in the applicant’s field of work
- The specialization should be in required scientific fields of importance to the country.
5 Year Golden Visa UAE
The following categories can apply for a five-year residence visa, which is automatically renewed.
- Investors in a property in the UAE
- Outstanding students
Golden Visa For Property Investors In The UAE
Granting a 5 Year Golden Visa UAE for real estate investors is subject to the following conditions:
- The investor must invest in a property of a total value of AED 5 million at least.
- The amount invested in real estate must not be on loan basis, and proof evidence must presented.
- The property must be retained for at least three years from the date of issuance of the residence permit.
- The investor's financial liability should not be burdened by claims or debts that detract financial solvency.
Golden Visa For Entrepreneurs
This category includes:
- Investors who own a previous successful project in an approved field with a minimum value of 500,000 AED
- Investors who obtained the approval of an accredited business incubator in the country.
The entrepreneur is allowed a six-month multiple-entry that can be renewed for another six months and five-year renewable residence permits. The long-term visa includes the husband\wife, children, and three executives.
Golden Visa For Outstanding students
This category includes:
- A holder of an honors grade or an average of at least 95% in secondary school or its equivalent, from public or private schools
- A university student from inside or outside the country with a cumulative GPA of no less than 3.75 or its equivalent, in the scientific disciplines specified by the commission.
The scope of this golden visa extends to families of students as well. The outstanding student is granted a multiple-entry permit to the country for a period of six months.
How to apply for a golden visa in Dubai?
You can apply for a golden visa through the website of the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship. Or leave it all to us and free your mind of the process. We can carry out the whole process and handle all paperwork for you from start to end.
- You won’t need to visit any governmental center. We represent you in all government departments and do, on your behalf, all procedures and transactions. You only need to visit the medical examination center to perform a medical examination.
- We get all the required approvals from the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs in a speedy manner.
- We provide you with representatives from our side to receive and deliver papers and transactions so save you time and effort.
- Your application could be done within 3-4 working days.
- We follow-up constantly till your application is completed.